Managing student accounts on EP
Teachers are able to quickly and easily create new student accounts, edit their details, and shuffle them into different classes. This article explains how.
Before we begin:
If your school is integrated with Wonde, you will be unable to make changes to your classes. Accounts need to be managed via your school's Student Management System. Find out more here.
- If you wish to add many students, we recommend that you:
- Avoid creating duplicate accounts. This helps keep progress all in one place and prevents confusion around licencing.
We're currently making some updates to the EP teacher interface. Until this area is updated, some actions will need to be completed via the View Manage Classes button, or by toggling back to the original EP experience.
Accounts for students who are enrolled in classes assigned to you can be found by navigating to the class, and then clicking the People tab.
To find students in other classes, click the View Manage Classes button.
Here, use the search bar to locate a specific class or student. Alternatively:
- Classes assigned to you are shown at the top of the page. Click on any to view the details.
- All other classes at your school are listed in the table below. Click on any to view the details.
To add students to classes assigned to you, click the Invite students button in the People tab of the class.
In the prompt that appears, you have two options:
- Share an invite link or class code with students to add themselves to your class. This option works for new and existing student accounts.
- You can toggle to Add directly to add students one by one. This option currently works for existing student accounts only.
When adding students directly, try different iterations (e.g. Matt vs Matthew), to ensure the account doesn't already exist.
If a student experiences an error when using a class invite link or join code, they may already have an existing account at your school, or at another school. If this happens:
- See if you can find the student account by adding the student manually, or by searching within the View Manage Classes area.
You can make further changes to student accounts in this area if required, including updating details, resetting passwords, and moving between classes.
- Contact our support team for assistance - they can transfer the student if required. Please include:
- The student's name.
- The student's email address.
- The class(es) the student should be enrolled in.
To deactivate a student account, you simply need to remove the student from all of their classes. This removes their access and stops them from being able to log in.
You'll need to action this from the View Manage Classes area.
Navigate to the student's profile (search for their name in the box at the top of the page, or click their name from the class page).
Select Remove from class for all classes.
Student accounts can be reactivated by adding them back to a class.
Move accounts between classes
You can shuffle students into different classes in several ways in the View Manage Classes area.
Here, we'll cover two options:
From a student's account:
Navigate to the student profile. Here, you'll see a list of all the classes the student is currently enrolled in.
You can click Remove from class to remove them from that specific class. Click + Add [student] to another class to enrol them into other classes in bulk.
The student can access their account as usual, and the changes to their classes are reflected instantly.
From a class:
Navigate to your chosen class. Here you can + Add student as we did earlier, but you can also shuffle existing students elsewhere.
Check the box next to your chosen student(s), and additional options will display at the bottom of the page. Choose to Remove from this class, or + Move to another class. Both options will remove students from the current class.
Other account changes
Check out our resources for more information on managing student accounts:
- Resetting student passwords
- Updating profile details
- Adding an email to a student’s account
- Adding parent emails to a student’s account
- Managing teacher accounts
Stuck? Feel free to contact us for further assistance.