Wonde and Education Perfect FAQ
Education Perfect’s Wonde integration allows schools to connect their Student Management/Information System (SMS/SIS) to the EP platform. This integration updates account and class information automatically, with no manual enrolment required.
Once your school has been set up, user accounts and classes in EP will be managed by your SMS/SIS via Wonde.
As of March 2022, schools using Wonde have been given edit access to class names on EP, enabling teachers to edit class names however they wish. After editing, any future syncs will not affect the edited class' name.
What will change?
- Student and teacher profile details will not be editable in EP. Changes made in your school SMS/SIS will instead be reflected on EP.
- User passwords are still managed by EP (unless your school uses Single Sign On), and teacher and student passwords can be reset at any time via existing methods.
At this time, our Wonde Integration does not work in Queensland Government Schools. Upon Department of Education approval, we will be able to provide these schools with our new Wonde user provisioning solution.
What if my student or class details are incorrect?
If you encounter any details on EP that you know to be incorrect, they must be changed in your school's SMS/SIS in order to flow through to EP.
Contact your school IT Administrator to update the details at the school level, and then these alterations will flow through to EP in the next Wonde Sync.
This excludes class names: teachers are still able to edit Wonde class names, to help differentiate between similarly named classes. After editing, any future syncs will not affect the edited class' name. Click the pencil icon to edit the class name.
How often are details synced?
As of March 2022, Wonde syncs between your school and EP are automatic and occur overnight each day.
How can we sync more year levels or subjects?
Our Enrolment Team configures your integration based on your EP subscription. If you would like to add additional classes through Wonde that do not currently exist in EP, please reach out to your dedicated EP contact and they’ll be able to assist further.
Unsure who to contact? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll direct you further!
Can we choose to exclude some students?
Yes! Once set up, you can use Wonde's Access Controls to specify which students should not be synced with EP. Instructions for this can be found in our guide here.
Where can I find Privacy & Security information about Wonde?
Wonde is a trusted company that ensures the transit of your school data to EP is encrypted. They are ISO 27001 certified and host all data in Australia on AWS.
You can find Wonde's security documentation on their website here, and linked below:
- Wonde Data Handling Agreement (ANZ)
- Wonde School Data & The Privacy Act (Australia)
- Wonde Data Security Information (Australia)
If you have any specific questions about Wonde's Privacy & Security policies, please reach out to their team directly.
Phone: +61 (0)2 8310 4489
Sounds good! How do we get started?
- First, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that you are connected. Wonde will then send you an invitation.
- Once you have received the email invitation, you then need to create an account for your school and review and approve the connection request for EP. Follow the steps in this guide.
- Once everything is approved, EP is notified that the connection is live and ready to start syncing. If there are any issues with data, Wonde will contact you directly.
The integration set up process must be completed by someone who has the authority to approve access to school data.