I've found a bug. How do I report it?
The more details of the issue you give us, the faster we can work out what's gone wrong and how to fix it.
Common causes and fixes
See the following table to see fixes for our most common issues:
|My students' progress is decreasing||
Have you enabled spaced repetition?
For more information on how our points and scoring system works, you can read through our help guide: How does the points/scoring system work?
| My student has completed work but it isn't showing in the task
Have you included previous progress?
|My student completed the task to 100% but then the progress decreased||
Has the lesson been edited since the task was assigned?
|My student has completed the work but it is not showing 100%|| Have your students completed all available Learning Modes?
A task will only be counted as 100% complete when the student has completed all of the Learning Modes that have been selected for the task.
|I have set a task/assessment but my students cannot see it||
Has the task/assessment started yet?
Bugs within Activities
If you think you've found a bug, please provide us with as much of the following information as possible.
All this information can be emailed to us directly at email@example.com.
The developer console often contains error messages that can help us to diagnose an issue. To find out how to get a console log, check out our guide.
|Name|| Letting us know the username or full name of the affected user allows us to look into that users account to see if we can reproduce the issue.
|Location|| To fix an issue, we need to know exactly where it occurs. Let us know the page you were on.
If the issue is with a lesson or assessment, let us know the exact name of it as well as the exact question that it occurred on. It can also be useful to get the exact web address that the issue occurred at.
|Device and Browser|| Many issues occur on some devices or browsers but not others.
You can give us a report on this information by going to https://www.whatismybrowser.com and sending us the Tech Support URL.
What device and browser should I use to access Education Perfect? has more information on what we recommend for you to be using. Switching device or browser might resolve the issue for you.
Screenshots and videos
Show us what's happening. Screenshots and videos are easy to take and tend to provide us with a better understanding of an issue than a description would.
Taking a screenshot on Windows
- Hold down the +PrtScn
- Paste the image directly into the body of your email (right-click→Paste or Ctrl+V).
Taking a screenshot on MacOS
- Hold down ⌘ Command+Shift+4
- Click the Capture Entire Screen button in the onscreen controls. Your pointer changes to a camera.
- The image should save to your Desktop. Attach it to the email.
Providing Additional Information
The following questions outline what other details it'd be helpful to include:
- Are all the students in your class affected by the problem or just individual students?
- Approximately what time did they experience the issue?
- What is the model of the device they are using?
- If they are encountering the issue when using the app, do they still have trouble when they try using the website?
- Is the screenshot you've provided before the error occurred or after? Ideally we would like screenshots of both instances to refer to.