What options are there for setting assessments?
Whether you want to run an exam or quiz your students on a recent topic, Education Perfect has a number of options to ensure that you're able to assess your students the way you need.
Quizzes (formerly Quick Tests)
Quizzes are designed to quickly gauge the degree of understanding that students have for a given topic.
Most Quizzes are automatically marked by default, but you can override these marks and choose to withhold results before you release them to students.
You're only able to assign one type of content in an Assessment (e.g. you can't assign a Smart Lesson and a Spelling List together).
| Translation List
|Fact List|| Auto-marked
| Spelling List
| Smart Lesson
Extended Response questions
To assign Extended Response questions in an assessment, you will need to click on them to preview them, then select Convert to manually-marked assessment when prompted. Then select Include question.
Once you have set the assessment to be manually marked, you'll be able to add Extended Response questions directly from the Content Picker.
Pre-built Assessments are ideal for assessments that are being sat under exam conditions.
|Pre-built Assessments||Auto-marked where available, otherwise manual|
Assigning follow up work
You can set your assessment up to assign Recommended next steps based on student performance in different learning areas in the assessment.
For more information about assigning recommended tasks, check out our guide.
Create your own Assessment
You can create your own Assessment from scratch, or customise existing resources in the EP Content Library. Using our content authoring tools, you can digitise school resources, or edit existing EP content to make it suit your school.
For full details on how to create your own exam, check out our guide.
As well as choosing who the Assessment is assigned to, the content included and the time you are setting it for, there are other key settings that can help achieve specific outcomes.
- Access Code: Require students to use an Access Code to start an Assessment.
- This is useful if you have different groups of students sitting the assessment at different times as it allows you to make sure they can only start it once you have given them the code.
- You're also able to change this code between sessions.
- Full Screen: Use this function to force students to stay in full screen mode when completing the Assessment. You can monitor students in real time. Find more about this here.
- Text to Speech: Is a built in screen-reader that students can use to read questions to them. This can be helpful for students with learning impairments. Find out more about this feature.
- Spell Check: Enables spell check to be used while completing the Assessment.
You have the option to Withhold student results until I choose to release them.
This can help to stop students from seeing the information until you are ready, and everyone has completed the Assessment.
Looking for something specific? Reach out to our Support team!