ANZ EP Teacher Certification
The EP Teacher Certification represents the skill level of a teacher using Education Perfect, taking into account how experienced they are in using key features.
What is Teacher Certification?
Teacher Certification is recognised by the 1,600+ schools using EP around the world. Increasing your level can be useful in future career development as well as being a fantastic professional development opportunity to increase your ICT skills and get the most out of your EP subscription.
Increase your Certification Level by earning Experience Points (XP). Many activities you complete on EP give you XP, such as logging into the Control Panel, creating tasks and content for your students, and assigning work. When you earn a specific number of points and have completed the core activities for the next level at least once, you'll move up a level!
| Log into the Control Panel**
||1|| Cheer your students on**
| Assign a Homework Task
||5||Create an In-School Competition||10|
|Give Feedback on a student's Smart Lesson answer**||5||Create an Inter-School Competition||30|
| Assign a Quiz
||5||Refer a Friend/Colleague||15|
| Assign a Prebuilt Assessment
||5||Attend an in-person/online EP PD Session||25|
|Compare Assessment Results**||5||Attend an EP webinar||10|
|Create a Translation List or a Spelling List or a Fact List||5||Run a PD session with colleagues||50|
|Create a Smart Lesson||20||Attend a Conference as an EP Teacher Hero||125|
|Create an Exam (Pre-built Assessment)||20||Attend a Conference as an EP Conference Leader||500|
|Write Teachers' Community Post||25|
**XP can only be earned once per day.
You'll receive double points the first time you complete an activity. For example, the first time you create a Smart Lesson you will receive 40 XP instead of 20.
Level 1: Beginner [10 XP]
Level 2: Intermediate [100 XP]
Level 3: Advanced [250 XP]
To reach Level 3 you need to have earned 250 XP. You also need to:
At this level, you'll qualify for perks!
Level 4: Expert [1000 XP]
At this level, you'll also qualify for further perks!
Level 5: Guru [3000 XP]
Achieving Guru Level is estimated to be earned over 36-60 months and is held only by a small number of users. At this level, you'll qualify for our top tier of perks.
In addition to earning 3000 XP, you need to complete each of the activities listed below at least once:
- Assign one each of a Task, Quiz, and Pre-built Assessment.
- Create a Competition.
- Build either a Fact, Spelling, or Translation List.
- Build both a Smart Lesson and a Custom Exam.
- Post an example of best practice in the Teachers' Community.
- Send a Cheer to your students.
- Give Feedback on a student's answer in a Smart Lesson.
- Compare Assessment results.
ANZ Teacher Certification Perks
If you are based in Australia or New Zealand, at Levels 3, 4 and 5, you'll qualify for free EP perks.
For internationally based teachers, check here!
Here's what you'll receive:
Level 3: Advanced
- Invitation to the EP Lab team (early access to new features, releases, and involvement in shaping the development of our platform).
- Complimentary access to your own EP for Home account.
Level 4: Expert
- Unlock free access to your choice of one Professional Development course (usually $299 per person):
Level 5: Guru
- You'll receive an EP Teacher Pack, which includes a variety of great products in a handy tote bag!
- A free ticket to our EP Innovate & Collaborate (EPIC) conference or any paid EP event of your choosing.
- Free access to the remaining Teacher and Student Wellbeing or Digital Fundamentals course.
Track Your Progress
To view your current level of certification, and the progress you are making towards the next level, select the button in the top right-hand corner of the screen. You can see your current certification level in yellow underneath your name here.
In the menu that appears, scroll down to and select Profile, and you will be taken to your profile which shows your certification details.
Here you can find a breakdown of your current XP level and any specific activities you need to do in order to gain the next level of teacher certification.
Where can I download my Teacher Certification certificate?
You can download your individual Teacher Certification certificate by clicking your initials in the top right corner, and then Profile.
From there, click Download your certificate to obtain a .zip file containing your award, as well as a badge that you can include in your email signature or on social media.