ANZ Education Perfect World Series FAQ
This article covers everything you need to know about competing in the ANZ Education Perfect World Series!
Getting set up
Dates & registration
As of 2021, the World Series events have been split into ANZ and International World Series events to better accommodate global school schedules. Registrations are announced prior to each individual event.
For ANZ, there are five events throughout the year. They begin and end at 6pm NZT.
- Global EP Languages Championships: 8 - 15 March (This event has now concluded).
- ANZ Humanities Championships: 24 - 31 May (This event has now concluded).
- ANZ Math Championships: 14 - 21 June - Register now!
- ANZ Science Championships: 15 - 22 August
- ANZ English Championships: 6 - 13 September
Looking for International events? Click here to learn more about our International Competitions.
How do I enrol my students?
To get your class or school set up for a competition, follow the instructions in our article How do I enrol my classes? All enrolments for World Series events are completely free of charge!
EP for Home users on an active trial or subscription are welcome to take part.
Materials for each competition will be released prior to each event.
How does the point scoring system work?
Points are earned toward a competition by completing work in the relevant subject. These competition points are separate from full-year points. Any work that students have already learnt outside of the competition can be completed from scratch for points during the competition.
For full details on how the points/scoring system work, check out our full guide.
What are the rules?
At Education Perfect, we take competition integrity very seriously.
You can find a full list of our event rules (including the ANZ World Series) in our article here.
Students will have their Education Perfect points removed if found to not be competing fairly. We will notify the teacher when we confirm this behaviour, however, if we do not hear back within 24 hours we will remove the student’s points. At this stage, we cannot remove just the competition points so all points will be removed. This cannot be undone. We take this behaviour very seriously at Education Perfect!
What prizes are available?
Students can earn awards for the points they accumulate. Certificates can be downloaded by teachers after the competition. Instructions can be found here.
|Credit Award||500 points|
|Bronze Award||1,000 Points|
|Silver Award||2,000 Points|
|Gold Award||3,000 Points|
|Emerald Award||5,000 Points|
|Elite Award||10,000 Points|
EP Global Languages Championships 2022
- 1st Place: $500 GiftPay Voucher
- 2nd Place: $350 GiftPay Voucher
- 3rd Place: $250 GiftPay Voucher
- 4th - 10th Place: $50 GiftPay Voucher
All remaining ANZ World Series events 2022:
For the English, Humanities, Science and Math ANZ World Series events, the following prizes are available:
- 1st Place: $250 GiftPay Voucher
- 2nd Place: $150 GiftPay Voucher
- 3rd Place: $100 GiftPay Voucher
- 4th - 10th Place: $50 GiftPay Voucher
There will also be a number of spot prizes across the competitions. Teachers will be notified in the instance of a prize draw being won.
EP Student Internship
Each year, EP offers a full expenses paid student internship position! The internship includes flights to EPHQ in Dunedin, New Zealand, to spend a week with the dynamic teams at EP learning about all that happens behind the scenes, whilst gaining invaluable work and life experience. The internship also accommodates a parent to accompany the winning student. Find out more information here.
- Applicants must be age 15+ during the duration of the internship (coordinated in 2023).
- Applicants must have received 30,000+ points collectively across the World Series competitions.
- If applicants have been found to breach any EP rules or engage in foul play during the World Series competitions, they will not be eligible to apply. For more information on our competition rules, refer to our guide here.
- Successful applicants will be required to partake in a remote Zoom interview with one of our team.
If you have any additional questions about the EP ANZ World Series events, please contact us and we'll be able to assist you further!