How to export data from D2L
When enrolling students on Education Perfect, you'll need to supply certain information which will allow us to create user accounts.
This article covers the process to export student information from D2L so that they can be enrolled on EP.
Export your data
- Start by logging in to D2L, and navigating to the course that you wish to export for enrolment.
- Next, click the Grades tab.
This information can’t be exported from the Classes tab, only the Grades tab.
- Ensure you're toggled to the Enter Grades tab. Here, click the Export button.
- You’ll be prompted to select your Export Options. On this page:
- Set the first dropdown option to All users.
- Key Field: Choose Both.
- Sort By: Leave this option as Default.
- Grade Values: Untick both options in this header, as this information is not required to enrol students on EP.
- User Details: Tick all options.
- Grades to Export: Untick all options.
- Next, click Export to Excel. Your file will be generated, which you can then download. Open the file to check that the information is correct.
- In the Excel file, add three additional columns:
- Class name: Enter a name for the class, including the Grade/Year level and subject (e.g. Grade 11 English).
- Teacher name: Enter the name of the teacher(s).
- Teacher email address: Enter the email address of the teacher(s) (if the teacher(s) already have EP accounts, you can skip this).
- Once you're ready, your file(s) can be submitted to the EP Enrolment Portal.
The Enrolment Portal can instantly process files that are submitted in a specific format. For this to occur, you may need to rearrange some of the data in your spreadsheet. Click for full formatting instructions.
Alternatively, drop your files into the portal as is and, when prompted, click Submit to Support team. Our team will be in touch as soon as your submission has been manually processed.