Using Education Perfect to prepare for the NAPLAN Literacy tests
Education Perfect has developed original NAPLAN Literacy practice material to help in both identifying and remedying each student's individual strengths and weaknesses.
For information on Education Perfect's Numeracy preparation material, see Using Education Perfect to prepare for the NAPLAN Numeracy tests.
Our NAPLAN Literacy module contains a series of activities for Year 7 and 9:
- NAPLAN Spelling: The commonly misspelled words in NAPLAN tests categorised into Simple, Common, Difficult, and Challenging. Each set of words are available both as a listening exercise using Education Perfect's spelling lists and NAPLAN-style lists where students are expected to find and correct the error in a sentence.
- Practice Exercises: Activities targeted at specific skill students may need to practice before sitting the NAPLAN tests, available in Year 7 and 9.
- Practice Tests: Assessments created by the Education Perfect team in the style of NAPLAN tests, which when completed will give you a breakdown of each student's abilities and recommend remedial tasks from the Recommended Tasks folder.
- Recommended Tasks: Smart Lessons which teach the skills tested by NAPLAN, including Language Conventions, Narrative Writing and Persuasive Writing. These activities contain a combination of information slides to teach the skills, and questions to test students' understanding.
Preparing for the NAPLAN Assessments
Set a diagnostic test
To help prepare your students for the NAPLAN assessments, we recommend this workflow:
- Set a diagnostic test from the Practice Tests folder for Year 7 or 9 (for more information, see How do I set a pre-built assessment?)
- Have your students sit the test. You can monitor their progress and ensure they stay focused during the test by using Education Perfect's monitored assessment mode (for more information, see How do I monitor my assessment?)
- Once the test is complete, it will be automatically marked for you. Use the analysis provided to get an indication of your class' skill level, then assign our automatically generated recommendations to give each student a differentiated course of work targeted at their needs. For more information on doing this, see How do I assign remedial tasks to students after an assessment?
Create a quick test
In addition to setting a pre-built diagnostic test from the Practice Tests folders, you can also create a quick test from any of the learning material in Education Perfect. This allows you to select the specific content you want to include in the test.
For example, you could assign a quick test based on just the Language Conventions list in the Practice Exercises folder, or based on any of the Education Perfect learning material. For more information, see How do I create and assign a Quick Test?
Assign a task for in-class work or homework
If you already know the areas your students need support in, you can skip running the diagnostic tests and immediately choose tasks to assign to your students, including being able to create a differentiated learning plan for each student.
You can assign any of the Education Perfect-created NAPLAN content, or any of the Education Perfect learning material. For more information, see How do I assign a task?