EP International Competition Rules
We take competition behaviour very seriously at Education Perfect. For all international events, we have some clear rules that we encourage all teachers and students to read thoroughly before participating.
- Log-Ins: Every student has a unique log-in to access Education Perfect. Any students found to be sharing log-ins will be disqualified. Any student that interferes with other students' log-ins will be disqualified.
- Content: Any content that has been built and is shared by Education Perfect may be used in competitions. Student-made content is not eligible to earn points towards a competition. The use of any school-made content which has been specifically created to require no student thought/time for completion may result in disqualification.
Please note: Students can revisit content to earn additional points. After their first attempt on any question, they can complete it again after 24 hours. This is within competition rules.
The EP competition platform has highly accurate cheating detection capabilities which can identify suspicious student and/or bot behaviour. Should we find evidence of any unfair competition practices, the following penalties may apply:
- Disqualification: Education Perfect reserves the right to disqualify any student deemed to be not competing fairly, where we can produce reasonable evidence to support this claim.
- Points Removal: Any student found not to be competing fairly will also have their Education Perfect points removed. Please note: EP cannot remove just students' competition points, so all student points for the academic year will be removed. This cannot be undone.
- Suspension of Access: Minor infringements may also be dealt with by suspension of a student's access to Education Perfect, at EP's discretion.
In all cases, EP will first notify the student's teacher of the situation for them to investigate. If we do not receive a reply within 24 hours, we will proceed with any/all of the above penalties as are deemed appropriate. The decisions of the Education Perfect team in these cases are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Timings & Time Limits
- All international competitions have a maximum participation time of 8 hours per 24 hour period. We encourage teachers to set their own guidelines for participation time to suit their students and school contexts.
- We cannot grant extra time to any student who encounters difficulties with internet access during the period of the competition. Should a student experience technical difficulties within the EP platform itself, we advise them to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org as quickly as possible.
- All EP international competitions are designed to suit hundreds of schools across multiple time-zones. However, it is difficult to please everyone! Please note that we cannot adjust competition start and finish times to suit individual students or schools.
We award top school placings (1st, 2nd, 3rd) based on the highest average student points - rather than the overall total number of points. This is to ensure fairness for all schools, regardless of their size or number of students competing.
We award top student places (1st, 2nd, 3rd) based on their total number of points.
Should two top-placing students achieve a 'draw' - the same number of points - the prize and placing will be awarded to the student who achieves this score first.
Prizes & Certificates
We offer student prizes as gift vouchers - most commonly Giftpay (UK) and Amazon (international). Should neither of these options suit, it is the teacher's responsibility to identify a suitable alternative online store/merchant that will accept international payments. Gift vouchers will be sent to the teacher of each student for distribution.
In no circumstances can we award student prizes in cash.
We provide certificate templates for participating students and personalized certificates for top-scoring students (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Due to the numbers of schools participating in each event, we are not able to offer bespoke certificates for other purposes.
While we strive to provide accurate data in Education Perfect, we cannot be held responsible for any damages caused by inaccuracies in the software.