Getting Started with Education Perfect Geography (Australia)
Welcome to a new and improved Education Perfect Geography. Education Perfect Geography has been built from the ground up.
We have created an online, interactive resource that aligns with the Australian Curriculum, NSW Syllabus, and Victorian Curriculum. As of January 2019, we have developed:
- A concepts module based on SPICESS.
- A comprehensive geographical skills module to help build core understanding of the methods used in Geography.
- Curriculum-aligned Year 07 Water in the World, Year 08 Landforms and Landscapes, Year 09 Biomes and Food Security, Y10 Environmental Change and Management content.
- Around 95% of each of the remaining Year 07-10 subject strands.
- We also have a monthly Current Events module and both History and Geography quizzes released each week. You can keep updated on our progress by registering for our Geography Pilot here.
Each Smart Lesson begins with slides outlining learning outcomes and key terminology, then teaches the initial content and progresses with quiz sections that increase in difficulty often culminating with a long answer style question or a case study. They finish with a summary of the terminology and the key learning outcomes. There are also definition lists and spelling lists that put key terms in context.
These resources can be found by:
- Logging into Education Perfect.
- Clicking on the content library.
- Click on Geography as your subject from the left-hand side.
- Preview the resources.
- Assign to your students.
Teacher accounts are always free, to create a teacher account, we just need the first name, last name and email.
Whether you’ve just registered or have been a part of our Geography pilot since December 2017, these videos are a great way to quickly catch up with what’s new in the program and learn how to get started. If you have any thoughts or feedback we'd love to hear from you. Once you've reviewed the new content, please feel free to fill in our survey here.