EP IGCSE Revision Challenge 2023
We're excited to be hosting the IGCSE Revision Challenge again in 2023! This challenge is a great way to engage students with their core IGCSE subjects and is a perfect way to prepare for upcoming mock exams or assessments.
Our syllabus-aligned interactive content and banks of parallel papers ensure maximum learning and revision value for every student.
When is the event?
The event will run from Tuesday 28 November (12 pm SGT) until Thursday 30 November (12 pm SGT) 2023.
Who can take part?
This competition is open to any international school students offering IGCSEs, and is suitable for Year 10-11 students - though Year 9 students may also enjoy the challenge and are welcome to participate too.
The event is free of charge.
Eligible schools will be invited to take part via email. If you have not received an invitation, but would like to join the event, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do students compete?
Students will need an account to participate and can be set up by following our guide.
- Students will log in to EP, and complete any of the selected activities.
- Students earn points for correct answers regardless of lesson or chosen IGCSE subject. The more questions they complete, the more points they earn!
- Students can independently access and complete competition content during the event, but will also earn points for any teacher-assigned tasks. This way, you can choose whether to direct students to particular activities or let them choose the content they wish to complete for the challenge.
How much time will it require?
We know that your IGCSE teaching schedules are jam-packed, which is why we've designed this competition to be as flexible as possible. You do not need to allocate class time to take part, and there is no minimum amount of time required.
There is also no need for any prior teaching or specific preparation required for the event.
What content is included?
Students will be able to earn points by answering questions from any of our IGCSE resource banks for English First Language/Language A, English Literature, Mathematics and Science.
Students may choose to complete content from just one course (e.g. English Literature) or from several! All activities are designed to be completed independently.
This Challenge contains a wide range of interactive, auto-marked activities specifically aligned to the following courses:
- Edexcel IGCSE:
- Double Science
- Mathematics A
- English Language A
- English Literature
- Cambridge IGCSE:
- Co-ordinated Science 0654
- Triple Science (Biology 0610, Chemistry 0620 , Physics 0625)
- Mathematics 0580
- English First Language 0500/0990
- English Literature 0475
Please note that, even if your students aren't taking these exact courses, they may still find value in participating in this revision event given the amount of crossover between IGCSE programmes.
How can I support my students?
Encourage them to get involved!
How could I run this event with my students?
- Allocate one or more of your English, Maths or Science lessons to the event and guide students towards specific content (ie revision materials from recent topics);
- Assign the Challenge as a fun homework activity for your students
- Run the Challenge as an extra-curricular event, and offer time for students to participate during lunchtime and/or after school.
Some teachers like to offer additional in-school rewards, such as House Points or Merits, to encourage friendly competition and boost student participation.
How can I promote the event?
Prizes and certificates
The top 3 schools with the highest average points will be awarded a digital badge that they can display on their school website.
Please note that, as per our competition rules, you must have at least 30 students actively participating in the event to be eligible for a top school award.
Teachers will be able to download personalised certificates for all students who earned an award on the scoreboard. These will become available once the scoreboard has been finalised by the EP team (generally one day after the event concludes).
More information on how to download certificates can be found here.
The top 3 students overall will be awarded the following:
- First place: $100NZD Amazon voucher
- Second place: $75NZD Amazon voucher
- Third place: $50NZD Amazon voucher
Teachers of the winning students and those from the winning schools will be notified via email.
How can I register my students?
If you would like your students to compete, please be sure to register your class. You will then receive an email with the next steps, including instructions on how to upload your class. Please see more information on how to upload your classes here.
Please note that students cannot register themselves; the registration process must be completed by a class teacher.
At EP, we take competition integrity very seriously. We recommend that all teachers and competing students check out our full competition rules before taking part in the 2023 IGCSE Revision Challenge.
To be able to participate in the IGCSE Revision Challenge your school must be registered, and students enrolled on the EP platform. If you have any questions, please contact us.