This article details how to configure Cloudwork®/Studentnet for use with Education Perfect's Single Sign-On (SSO) system.
Sending us your metadata
- From your Dashboard or menu, click Single Sign On
- Click Identity Provider
- Download the XML File near the bottom and send this file (or send the link) to us at email@example.com along with the details for a test account
The link with look similar to this:
Once you get a response from us, please do the following:
- From the Dashboard or menu, click Single Sign On again
- Click Add New Service
- Click Custom SAML Service, near the bottom of the Service List
- On the New Service Metadata page enter the following details:
- Name: Education Perfect
- Entity ID: Issuer: as provided by us (please note that we are unable to provide this value until after we have loaded your metadata from step 1)
- Assertion Consumer Service: https://iam.educationperfect.com/samlv2/acs
- Single Logout Service: Leave blank
- NameID Value: Select Email from the drop down
- NameID Format: Select urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress from the drop down
- Log in URL: https://www.educationperfect.com/app/#/dashboard
- Click Submit
- Once this is done, please email us and let us know so that we may commence testing!
Match existing users to their accounts
If your students have already been using Education Perfect without a Cloudwork®/Studentnet integration, their EP accounts will need to be linked to the email address that Cloudwork®/Studentnet uses to confirm their identity. The above settings will make this their email address, but we use the test accounts to confirm everything is configured correctly.
We'll match up everyone we can on your behalf. We will then send you a list of anyone we couldn't match. Once you send us the details for those people, we'll update them as well.