EP Competitions: An Introductory Guide
What types of competitions does EP run?
Since 2008, Education Perfect has offered fun online student competitions through the Education Perfect. We have 3 main types of competitions:
- Points-based: Students complete interactive content and answer questions to earn points;
- Submission-based: Students submit original work (like a design, poster, video, essay) to be judged;
- Assessment-based: Students complete a monitored assessment on the EP platform.
We strive to offer an interesting variety of competitions each academic year and regularly introduce new competitions to our schedule. Some of our competitions are focused on student participation and engagement; others are more academically rigorous. Some of our events are global and include a large number of schools from Australia and New Zealand; others are focused on international schools only.
What subjects are included?
Each year we run competitions for English, Maths, Science, Humanities and Languages.
How much does it cost to participate in an EP competition?
At this point in time, participation in the competition is completely free. We believe in funding and resourcing all online competitions ourselves to ensure that every school has the ability to get involved, regardless of school size or budget.
How will I know what competitions are coming up?
If your school doesn't purchase EP: By registering for any competition, you will receive email notifications about other upcoming events (you can unsubscribe from these emails at any time). If you'd like to be added to our competitions mailing list, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
If your school purchases EP: You will receive email notifications about upcoming events in your subject area/s, as well as competition updates on the newsfeed on your EP homepage.
How do I get my students involved?
You will need to do things to participate in any type of EP competition:
- Officially register for the event
- Enrol your students on the EP platform (they won't be able to take part otherwise).
We also encourage teachers to promote EP competitions within their school communities to ensure maximum student involvement and engagement. Some teachers will put our official event posters around their school or classroom; others will also communicate information about the event via email and school newsletters. It is up to you!
As a teacher, how can I best support my students who are involved in an EP competition?
None of our competitions require any pre-teaching and most require minimal (if any) involvement from the class teacher.
As a teacher, you can support your students by:
- Communicating information about the upcoming event with your students and getting them excited;
- Ensuring your students are all registered and enrolled, and that they know how to log into EP;
- Cheering them on during the competition and celebrating their successes! ˀ
If your school is new to EP, we do encourage teachers to give students some time to practice on the platform before the event so that they are familiar with the EP platform and our content.
How can I keep track of my students' progress and achievements?
- Points-based: Each event will have an online 'scoreboard' where you'll be able to see points at a student, class and country level! This will be shared with you once you have registered, and you'll also have a mini scoreboard view on your EP homepage. Our scoreboards update in real time and you can even 'cheer' your students with fun stickers during the competition!
- Submission-based: After the submission deadline is passed, entries will be judged and results will be shared with participating schools via email.
- Assessment-based: As with our submission-based competitions, results will be shared via email.
Does EP offer prizes and/or certificates?
Yes! We do offer prizes; these vary depending on the size and nature of each competition. Some global competitions also have a trophy that is awarded to the overall winning school. Information about prizes and trophies will be shared in the information guide of each event.
EP also produces personalised digital certificates for top-scoring students that are sent out via email after each event.
If you have any ideas, feedback or questions about our EP international student competitions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.