Using EP for Home to prepare for the NAPLAN Numeracy tests
Education Perfect has developed original NAPLAN Numeracy practice material to help in both identifying and remedying each of your learner's individual strengths and weaknesses.
EP postively impacts NAPLAN results! Analysis of NAPLAN results against use of EP shows a clear correlation between schools that use EP and their average NAPLAN score when compared against schools that don't use the platform, and a distinct further increase for schools that are highly engaged.
We found that the more that schools use EP, the better the NAPLAN results. Schools using EP see greater learning growth from Year 7 to Year 9.
For information on EPs Literacy preparation material, see our article.
Our NAPLAN Numeracy module contains three folders of activities for Years 5, 7, and 9:
- NAPLAN Pre and Post Tests: Assessments created by the EP team in the style of NAPLAN tests, which when completed will give you a breakdown of each learner's abilities and recommend remedial tasks from the existing NAPLAN Resources folder. You can then set a Post Test to gauge improvement!
- NAPLAN Resources: Smart Lessons teach the skills tested by NAPLAN, such as Linear Patterns and Rules. These activities contain a combination of Information Slides to teach the skills, and questions to test your learner's understanding.
- NAPLAN Practice: Smart Lessons containing a bank of sample questions which your learners can use to practice their skills.
Preparing for the NAPLAN Assessments
Set a diagnostic test
To help prepare your learner(s) for the NAPLAN assessments, we recommend the following workflow:
- Set a diagnostic pre-test from the NAPLAN Pre and Posts Tests folder (for more information, see Using diagnostic tests to gauge your learner's level)
- Have your learner(s) sit the test. You can monitor their progress and ensure they stay focused during the test by using EP's monitored assessment mode (for more information, see How do I monitor my assessment?)
- Once the test is complete, it will be automatically marked for you. Use the analysis provided to get an indication of skill level, then assign our automatically generated recommendations to give your learner(s) a differentiated course of work targeted at their needs. For more information, see How do I assign remedial tasks to students after an assessment?
- After your student has learned the recommended activities, set up a post-test. Once the results have been finalised, you'll be able to compare the pre and post-tests to see how much they have improved as well as any work-on areas.
Assign a Quiz
In addition to setting a pre-built diagnostic test from the NAPLAN Pre and Post Tests, you can also create a Quiz from any learning material in EP of your choice.
For example, you could assign a quiz based on just the Algebra Practice and Number Practice lists in the NAPLAN Practice folder or based on any of the EP learning material tied to the Australian Curriculum/NSW Syllabus. For more information, see How do I create and assign a Quiz?
Assign a Task for in-class work or homework
If you already know the area your learner needs support in, you can skip running the diagnostic tests and immediately choose tasks to assign to your learner and create a differentiated learning plan for them.
You can assign any of the Education Perfect-created NAPLAN content, or any of the Education Perfect learning material tied to the Australian Curriculum/NSW Syllabus. For more information, see How do I assign a task?
If you need to subscribe or update your subscription, you can do so here.