Scheduling lessons for your learners
Use Tasks to assign EP content, and plan your day, week, or month.
Watch our quick video
Finding content to assign
For each key subject on EP, we have downloadable Lesson Outlines available to help you plan and organise your learner’s workload.
These can be found within your account's Content Library, otherwise, find them in our article here.
Assigning your task
Once you have logged in to Education Perfect:
- Click on the Tasks tab, and then + Assign task.
- Select the Smart Lesson option.
- Under Who, select your chosen class.
- Then, click on the What section. The Content Picker will open for you to choose your material.
- Select the content you want your chosen class(es) to work on. For example to plan a morning of Math, navigate to the relevant Math unit.
To learn more about what content we offer and how it aligns with your chosen curriculum, see our lesson outlines.
- Check out the Time to complete section at the bottom. Add or remove content to fit with your schedule.
- Under the When? section set the start and end times.
- You may want to focus on just the selected content in the morning, so set the task for between 10:00am - 11:00am or however long you like.
Important: Ensure Allow late submission for the following week is unticked! This will close Tasks on their due date, and stop them from staying active for longer.
- Choose your settings for EP Dash, and Optional Settings.
- Dash is an optional built in game that turns lessons into a fun revision activity. You can find a full guide on how to best use Dash here.
- Optional Settings allows you to enable email notifications, and select whether the Task should count existing progress on the lessons included.
- Once you're ready, click Assign Task. All done!
Track progress in real time
After assigning the task, you will be brought to the screen below. Use the Progress and Responses tabs to track your learner's progress in real time and view their results.
Use the Details section to edit the dates, times, and content of your task.
Checking what's been assigned
There's a few ways to know what learners have already completed on EP!
- Clicking on the Tasks tab will bring up an outline of the current and upcoming tasks you have assigned.
- Use the filter at the top of the screen to see a record of past Tasks.
- The same applies to Assessments - click into the Assessments tab to see what's been completed!
- Navigate to the Task completion report to view a full record of the tasks that have been worked on by your learner(s), including accuracy and progress.
- When viewing lessons within the Content Library, you'll see a small note if you've previously assigned this work to your learner(s)! This can be helpful to ensure work isn't assigned twice.
For full information on EP's reporting capabilities, see our guide here!
When your learner logs in, the task will appear under the Tasks & Assessments section. They'll be shown how long they have to complete the task.
Simply complete the steps in the Assigning a Task section with different content and different dates/times to plan ahead.
To plan the week, make sure you set all tasks to start on Monday morning but finish on the day/time you want the task to be completed.
For example, if you want your learner to focus on English on a Wednesday morning: Set the task to start at 9:00am on a Monday but set the task to finish at midday Wednesday.
Planning your day like this will make all work available to your learners, but will segment it into days as seen below.