Plan the Day - Assign Lessons as Tasks
Use Tasks to assign EP content, and plan your day, week, or month in advance.
Watch our quick video
Assigning your task
Once you have logged into Education Perfect:
- Click on the Tasks tab, and then Assign task.
- Select the Smart Lesson option.
- Under Who, select your chosen class.
- Then, click on the What section. The Content Picker will open for you to choose your material.
- Select the content you want your chosen class(es) to work on. For example to plan a morning of Math, navigate to the relevant Math unit.
To learn a bit more about what content we offer and how it aligns with the curriculum, see our guide.
- Check the Time to complete section at the bottom. Add or remove content to fit with your schedule.
- Under the When? section set the start and end times.
- You may want to focus on just the selected content in the morning, so set the task for between 10:00am - 11:00am or however long you like.
Important: Ensure Allow late submission for the following week is unticked! This will close Tasks on their due date, and stop them from staying active for longer.
- Choose your settings for EP Dash, and Optional Settings.
- Dash is an optional built in game that turns lessons into a fun revision activity. You can find a full guide on how to best use Dash here.
- Optional Settings allows you to enable email notifications, and select wether the Task should count existing progress on the lessons included.
- Once you're ready, click Assign Task. All done!
Assign Task! - Track progress in real time
After assigning the task, you will be brought to the screen below. Use the Progress and Responses tabs to track your learner's progress in real time and view their results.
Use the Details section to edit the dates, times, and content of your task.
Viewing the day ahead
Clicking on the Tasks tab again will bring up an outline of the current and upcoming tasks you have assigned.
When your learner logs in, the task will appear under the Tasks & Assessments section on the top of the screen. Depending on what day/time you set the task for, it will tell them how long they have to complete the task.
Simply complete the steps above again with different content and different dates/times to plan ahead! See below for some details.
To plan the week, make sure you set all tasks to start on Monday morning but finish on the day/time you want the task to be completed. For example, if you want your learner to focus on English on a Wednesday morning: Set the task to start at 9:00am on a Monday but set the task to finish at midday Wednesday.
Planning your day like this will make all work available to your learners, but will segment it into days as seen below.