EP Te Ao Māori for Everyone
Develop your understanding of Te Reo Māori and general tikanga to assist with the normalisation of our national taonga within your home and local community.
This article outlines information about the EP Te Ao Māori for Everyone course. We’ll cover frequently asked questions and information on how to get started.
In this article
How does it work?
This course is made up of 10 overarching Kete Kōrero (Learning Modules) filled with fun, interactive lessons and activities, exploring a range of kaupapa beneficial to all Kiwi learners.
Course participants will have access to an EP account, with which they can log into and complete course work from any device. Learn at your own pace, at any time!
Automated EP tasks offer immediate feedback and an abundance of opportunities to practice reading, writing and speaking Te Reo Māori.
Click to sign up for Te Ao Māori for Everyone
Kete Kōrero - Course Learning Modules
- Te Whakahuatanga: Pronunciation
- He Mihi: General greetings and Introductions
- Ngā Ritenga: General Etiquette
- Ngā Kare ā-roto: Feelings and Asking How Someone Is
- Mihimihi: Speeches of Greeting Interrelationships
- Pōwhiri, Mihi Whakatau: Formal Informal Encounters
- Aotearoa NZ Histories: Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Matariki etc
- Te Kāinga me te Whānau: Home and Family
- Wetereo: Grammar
- Te Wā me te Huarere: Time and Weather
- Puna Kiriata: Video Library Lessons
- Puna Pātai: Speaking Practice Activities
- And much more!
Each Kete Kōrero contains vocabulary, comprehension, writing and speaking activities. The lessons are broken up into scaffolded blocks so that they are appropriate for beginner and intermediate level learners, without the need for an expert in Te Reo and Te Ao Māori to guide them.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll receive an email from our team confirming your registration and your personal login details.
After logging in (via our website or App), click into the Māori subject tile, and then click Browse All Content. Here you’ll see all of the content included in the Te Ao Māori for Everyone course.
You can work in whatever order you’d like, but we’d suggest starting with Kete 01: Te Tīmatanga - Getting Started!
At the beginning of your journey, please refrain from following the 'Recommended Lessons' until you have developed confidence in navigating our system.
In order to complete the Te Ao Māori for Everyone course and access your certificate, you’ll need to:
- Complete all Smart Lessons in each folder to 100% (you'll see a green tick).
- Complete the Vocabulary Lists in each folder.
- You just need to earn one star in one Learning Mode - you don’t need to complete every mode!
- You may notice your progress percentage decrease on Vocabulary Lists as time goes on. This happens due to new points/stars becoming available but don't worry, your progress and stars will remain!
You can revisit lessons and vocabulary lists at any time, until the end of your subscription period.
If you’ve finished (or you’d like us to check your progress), reach out to our team to check your work and issue your completion certificate!
For any questions please feel welcome to contact our Support Team at any time.