Education Perfect Asia Learning Challenge 2023
The Education Perfect Asia Learning Challenge is an exciting 2-day event that encourages engagement and learning within the English, EAL/ESL, Languages, Maths, and Science subject. Participants can expect friendly competition and an array of fun, interactive learning activities.
In this article:
When is the event?
The challenge will be open from Wednesday 10 May (8am SGT) until Thursday 11 May (5pm SGT) 2023.
Students can participate as much or as little as they like. Students will be prompted to answer questions from the competition content folders labelled Asia Learning Challenge.
Who can take part?
Selected purchasing schools located in Asia are warmly invited to participate and have been invited via email. If you are still waiting to receive an invite, please reach out to our team.
The challenge is best suited to learners in Years 7-9/Grades 6-8. However, younger learners may also enjoy the challenge and are very welcome to take part!
How do students compete?
Students will need an account to participate which can be set up by following our guide.
- Students will log in to EP, and complete any of the competition content.
- Students can choose to complete activities from one subject area, or from several.
- Students earn points for correct answers regardless of lesson difficulty or subject. The more questions they complete, the more points they earn!
Check out our full student participation guide, and download and share our Tips for Students flyer.
How much time will it require?
We know that teaching schedules are jam-packed, which is why we've designed this competition to be as flexible as possible. You do not need to allocate class time to take part, and there is no minimum amount of time required.
There is also no need for any prior teaching or specific preparation required for the event.
What content is included?
Our specialist content teams have carefully selected activities designed to be both enjoyable and engaging for students in Years 7-9/Grades 6-8.
This content includes the following subjects: Languages, English, Mathematics, Science and EAL/ESL.
For French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese and Arabic:
- All Languages activities Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, and Vocabulary) are included for all language levels - Beginner to Advanced.
- Our content is targeted at students learning these as Foreign Languages.
- Please also note that Malay, Cantonese, and Korean content is not included for this event.
For English, Maths, Science and EAL, the following topics are included:
- English, Maths, Science and EAL: You could either guide your students toward particular topics - or let them independently choose which of the above topics to engage with! (For the event, they will only have access to the content listed above).
- Languages: Students will get points for any Language activity they complete. We recommend that you guide your students towards specific content to make sure the event has maximum educational value. While we can't prevent native speakers from completing language questions in their native language, we strongly discourage it. We do ask for teachers to support this message and ensure students participate in good faith and in the spirit of the event.
How can I support my students?
Encourage them to get involved! The best way to support them is to help them to log in, then keep an eye on the scoreboard and cheer them on.
How could I run this event with my students?
- Allocate one or more of your lessons to the event and guide students towards specific content (ie revision materials from recent topics);
- Assign the Challenge as a fun homework activity for your students.
- Run the Challenge as an extra-curricular event, and offer time for students to participate during lunchtime and/or after school.
Some teachers like to offer additional in-school rewards, such as House Points or Merits, to encourage friendly competition and boost student participation.
Prizes and certificates
The top 3 schools with the highest average points will be awarded a digital badge that they can display on their school website!
Teachers will be able to download certificates for participating students who earned an award on the scoreboard. These will become available once the scoreboard has been finalised by the EP team.
More information on how to download certificates can be found here.
The top 3 students overall will be awarded the following:
- First place: $100NZD Amazon voucher
- Second place: $75NZD Amazon voucher
- Third place: $50NZD Amazon voucher
Teachers of the winning students and those from the winning schools will be notified via email.
How can I register my students?
If you would like your students to compete, please be sure to register for your class. You will then receive an email with the next steps, including instructions on how to upload your class. Please see more information on how to upload your classes here.
Please note that students cannot register themselves; the registration process must be completed by a class teacher.
At EP, we take competition integrity very seriously. We recommend that all teachers and competing students check out our full competition rules.
Any students found to be earning points unfairly will be disqualified from the event.
To be able to participate in the Education Perfect Asia Learning Chellenge, your school must be registered, and students enrolled on the EP platform.
For assistance with registering or any questions, please contact us.