When adding whole classes to Education Perfect, it's easiest to have our enrolment team do a bulk student import for you. Once that's done, you can make small changes such as adding and removing students and teachers from the Control Panel.
Open Manage Accounts from your Control Panel.
Click on the class that you want to add a person to. You can filter by class name by typing a keyword in the Search box on the bottom left of the page.
The filter only finds exact matches; for example a class called "Year 7.1 French" wouldn't be found if you type "Year 7 French" or "French 7.1".
Creating Student Accounts
Click on Add People, then fill out the first and last name, email address (and parent's email address if you want their parent/caregiver to be updated on their progress), and Student ID.
As you type, the box below will look for the closest matching users. If the person you're trying to add already has an account, click Add beside their name to add them to this class.
Click Regenerate to create a default username for them. If your school's username template is based on the Student ID or email address, you need to manually choose their username by editing the text in the Username field.
Click Create to add the student to your class. If the account you're trying to create already exists, the Create button will be an Add to Class button instead.
Click Close to finish, or add another account by repeating the steps above.
Creating Teacher Accounts
- Click the Staff class, then click on Add People, and fill out the first and last name and email address. Teachers' usernames are their email address.
- Select This person is a teacher from the drop-down menu.
- Add their Job Title
- Click Create, then click Close to finish or repeat the steps above to add more teachers.
- Click on the class you would like to add the teacher to, then click on Add People and fill out the first and last name. Find the teacher's account in the box below, and click Add beside their name.
- Click Yes when the box saying that this teacher "...is a teacher in another class. Would you like to make them a teacher in this class?" appears.
The default password for students and teachers is always their first name without spaces, apostrophes or hyphens. When the new person logs in for the first time, they'll be able to change it to something more secure.
Type the name of the person you want to remove in the Search box on the right hand side of the page.
The search box on the left hand side of the screen is for classes; the search box on the right hand side of the page is for people.
Click on the class they are in, then select them from the list and click Remove People. Click Yes to confirm.
To remove the filter and display all classes and users again, click Show All or delete the name from the search box.